Virtual Commencement Format and Class of 2020 by the Numbers
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
We can’t wait to see how our 314 newest alumni – 251 from the Kenmore Campus and 62 from the San Diego Campus – will help to improve the lives of those in their community! Though they chose different degrees, each has a passion for the natural health arts and sciences. They span multiple disciplines:
- 161 graduates in the School of Natural Health Arts and Sciences (134 from the Kenmore campus, 16 from the San Diego campus)
- 127 graduates in the School of Naturopathic Medicine (81 from the Kenmore campus, 46 from the San Diego campus)
- 32 graduates in the School of Traditional World Medicines
Graduation Format - What to Expect
Virtual graduation is a Bastyr first! Here is how to tune in on the big day:
- A link to the online celebration has been sent to each graduate, as well as every member of the Bastyr community.
- The website will go live on Sunday, June 21 and will remain live for a year. This means that if loved ones can’t attend the day of, they can still celebrate your accomplishments!
- On the commencement website, there will be pre-recorded welcome videos, as well as the keynote speech and student speeches.
- Each graduate also had the opportunity to create an individual slide for themselves with their name, degree and a self-selected photo and appreciation.
For ND graduates, Dr. Joseph Pizzorno, a founder of Bastyr University, will do a live administration of the ND oath via Zoom at 2pm on Sunday the 21st from the Campus Auditorium in Kenmore.
A fun fact:
In 1982, years before Bastyr moved into the Kenmore location, the very first Bastyr graduation was held in the Auditorium! Dr. John Bastyr administered the oath on that occasion, and this will be the first time the oath will be administered from the Auditorium since that time.